Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Day in the Life

With Evelyn on the scene, I often get to the end of a day and marvel at what we spent our hours doing. 

Things like staring at a spiky yellow ball...

...pausing only to wonder why Mama is holding that camera again.

Things like drooling as much as possible on all available surfaces, and looking precious all the while.

Things like playing with the plastic "hex-a-pus" (instead of octopus; get it?) on the ocean playmat.

Before Ev arrived, I didn't devote too much thought to what exactly staying at home with her during these early months might look like; I certainly never imagined that bouncy chairs, spiky balls, drool, and plastic hex-a-puses would play such a major role, but I love it!  What a gift these days are!

And of course, at the end of a long day of playing, the best way to unwind before bed is to eat a snack with Daddy.... 

(For those keeping score, both avocados and rice cereal go on the "like" list so far:))

2 comments:

  1. what a doll!
    she's just adorable, and such a blessing for you to spend so much time with her. i am just splitting at the seams with excitement in anticipation of meeting her in a month!

    love
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..is it wrong that the two foods in her vocabulary were my lunch today? (Well, maybe brown rice, not rice cereal..I try to be a grownup.) Hey, at least I know when I finally get to meet her we''ll have something in common! :)

    She's too cute. Miss you guys!

    Mol 0:)

    ReplyDelete